We had the Nexxo for almost four weeks in December and it was the perfect campervan for exploring South Island. Not too large to be difficult to handle on those winding and narrow NZ roads but large enough to have a lot of comfort like a permanent double bed, kitchen (with stovetop, sink, fridge and microwave), sitting area with large table, lots of overhead storage compartments and a small bathroom (with shower, toilet and “fold-away” sink – convenient as a drying room for wet towels/clothes as well). All that with a fantastic layout and design.
Only very minor things we didn’t like (fridge: only manual selection of energy source, fly screens: not as insect-proof as one might expect, speedometer: main scale in mph, dashboard “entertainment system”: horribly quirky user interface – essentially useless).
What we liked in particular:
– diesel heater (very powerful and convenient (no worries about running out of LPG during a chilly night))
– rear view camera (reversing made easy)
– swivel chairs (with a turn of the driver’s/passenger’s seats you go from driving to relaxing at the coffee table – no need to leave the car during bad weather or a sandfly assault)
– very pleasant interior lighting
– truck speed limit does not apply like with larger campervans (gives better ability to keep up with traffic)
– large storage compartment under the bed (accessible from both inside and outside the campervan).
All everyday things were provided (linen, towels, kitchen utensils etc.) – all very clean and ready to use. This is exceptional!
Overall a very smooth renting experience with Bay of Islands Campervans. Great communications with Nick and Rob – very helpful and caring.